All diseases that occur in childhood from birth to the age of 18 are handled by the Department of Pediatrics. Applications are made to this branch of science in order to follow-up the health of children, to determine the direction of their development, and to develop diagnosis and treatment methods in various diseases. Examination, treatment and follow-ups are carried out on time by experts who ensure that all measures are taken to protect against child diseases. In the services provided by pediatricians, many polyclinics are cooperated with.
What Diseases Does Pediatric Diseases Treat?
In this section, which also examines some problems that develop in the womb of expectant mothers, it is possible to diagnose the ailments of babies and children. Some of the areas that pediatricians, who are taking their steps very meticulously, serve are as follows:
- Pediatric Surgery, which provides intervention to children in anomalies arising from birth, in cases of burns and injuries that require emergency surgical intervention, health problems such as hernia, polyp or crack in the anus,
- Pediatric Hematology, which serves as a blood and bone science for the examination of fatigue, exhaustion, infections, weight problems and bone problems in children,
- Pediatric Nephrology, which provides meticulous examination of kidney problems, urinary system disorders, kidney stones, urinary tract infections and kidney transplantation processes,
- Pediatric Gastroentology, which works to detect various disorders, problem organs and the diseases caused by them in the stomach, intestines, gallbladder and stomach cavity and develops diagnosis and treatment for diseases such as reflux, diarrhea, constipation, celiac,
- Pediatric Rheumatology, which performs the examinations in case of rheumatic diseases in the 0-18 age range,
- Pediatric Cardiology, which works in the detection of all heart problems in infants and children,
- Pediatric Endocrinology, which monitors growth hormone and controls the endocrine glands that secrete hormones that fulfill the function of development and reproduction,
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, which serves in the handling of mental health and makes observations in the light of academic developments,
- It is Pediatric Oncology, which is effective in diagnosing cancer for cells that multiply uncontrollably in children’s bodies.
Pediatric Diseases Diagnosis and Treatment Services
There are also some services provided with diseases that have been examined in various fields above and which require joint decisions with different polyclinics. The work area of this department, which provides services in emergency services, intensive care units and routine baby development, is extremely wide. Diagnosis and treatment services are provided as a result of meticulous examinations for all individuals to lead a healthy life from infancy. Some pediatric diseases treated are as follows:
- Examinations performed on babies from 2 months to 1 year old,
- bronchiolitis and pertussis diseases,
- Thyroid and growth hormone
- Heart diseases,
- inguinal hernia problems,
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
- Infectious diseases,
- Neonatal Jaundice
- Spina Bifida
- Cerebral palsy
Physicians who are experts in this field are educated in a 4-year pediatric department after graduating from 6-year medical school. It is also known that they received some additional training in order to specialize in various branches.